Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week #1 in MTC

Hey mom the MTC has been great so far I really like it here. My testimony has gotten stronger and I know I'm doing the right thing.  Suprisingly, I'm still alive. There's nuts everywhere in the cafeteria and peanut butter and they use the same utensils and plates over so the first couple of days I didn't eat but then I just started eating and the food isn't too bad but I got food poisoning last night and that didn't feel good.

My companion is from Virginia and he's pretty cool.  He definitely knows a lot more about the gospel than I do but I've been getting better at it.  There are 12 elders in our district and they are all great. Seven of them are going to Reno and It's kind of funny cuz they're all from the south. I'll be in the MTC for 3 weeks so its not too bad. This week has gone by real fast. There was a fire drill just barely so I had to exit out but I don't know what I want to my scripture yet so just hold that off for a week or two.  Tell everyone to email me and send packages of candy and food and stuff cuz I'm starving. Just send the letters through Dear Elder because I can read them during the week. If you can send me my blanket and coat and driving and immunization records that be nice.  I know a lot of people here in the MTC and made a lot of friends. Tell Brooke to tell Keith I  met an elder from Washougal and he knows the Hibbards. His last name is Bishoff.  And then I've met a few elders from Snake River and they know Colt so that was funny. I went to the temple and did a session this morning and I really enjoyed that. I've been out to the field every morning for exercise so dad was wrong.  This Sunday I went to the choir practice and the Sunday before I leave us missionaries get to sing at a concert with the Nashville Tribute Band at the BYU campus or somewhere, I cant remember.  I definitely have a lot to learn so I'm glad I'm here for 3 weeks.  Well, I think that's all I have to say for this week and my p-days are on Tuesdays but if I forgot something I can back on tonight and let you know.  Have a good week and remember those few things.  Talk to ya next week.

Mom:  Why are you hungry?

Jared:  Because I don't dare to eat stuff from the cafeteria and thanks. Also our meal plan is really close so I eat dinner at 4 and then that's it for the day. 

Love Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment