Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October 23, 2017

Hey mom ! Sounds like things are going good back home.  It's truly a great blessing to have a temple in Star Valley.  The members out here have to drive 4 hours in either direction to get to a temple and they aren't too happy about it !  So it's hard for people to do family history out here but they still make the effort to go.  That's a goal I want to have when I'm home is to go to the temple at least once or twice a month.  How's Grandpa doing ? I haven't heard from him in awhile.  And I know I can't believe I'll be 21 either !  I'm getting old. This last week went really good ! On Monday we went to Winnemucca for the zone activity and we went through a corn maze and had a BBQ afterwords. It was a lot of fun ! I really like the zone I'm in there's some good missionaries and then on Tuesday and Wednesday we helped a family on the outside of town do some yard work around their house and it was a lot of fun! They have been inactive for over 25 years and they actually let us be with them.  I have a very good way to get people to like me and I'm blessed with that ! But anyways she wanted a Priesthood blessing and so I gave her one and at the end she was crying and she told me "thank you for the love you share for me and my husband" and nothing brings greater joy than to have people feel the love I have for them because it is Christ's love ! Charity never faileth and I have a testimony of that ! The rest of the week went good we are having a baptism next week for our investigator and I'm looking forward to that ! Then on Sunday it was stake conference so we went back to Winnemucca for that.  Today we're just going to hang out here in Battle Mountain and go golfing or something and transfers are next week so we will see what happens ! Anyways thanks for all  you do and I hope you have a great week and enjoy this awesome fall weather ! love you mom ! 

Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment