Monday, February 26, 2018

February 26, 2018

Hey mom ! This week was good it went by really fast the days are long but the weeks are short.  I was able to go out to the Indian rez and that was wild.  We got chased by so many dogs and they're not friendly dogs either.  They are pitbull/mut dogs and so I had a big beating stick I'd carry with me and there was one I was close to hitting and the reason is there's a 5 ft fence that it jumped out of and started coming but we made it OK.  We were able to visit a few families and get return appointments with them. Then on Thursday we went to Reno to a dermatology appointment because my companion has something growing on the back of his neck and so we were at the appointment and it went good but then as we were leaving Reno on the road home there was a 15 car pile up.   Traffic was backed up over 4 miles double sided and luckily we were right next to an off ramp and so we took it and found this back road along the river and we followed it and we thought we got around all the traffic but then when we tried to get back on the accident happened right where we were trying to get on.  The cop said it'll be about 4 hour wait and so we decided to go to Carson City and around but then halfway there the roads were so so slick probably the worst I've ever been on and there was another 10 car pile up.  Luckily on the other side but we were back up because of ambulances and there were cars on our side sliding all over and people hitting each other and I was able to make it through OK.  We made it home late that night but it was an interesting day.  I'm grateful that I had a couple years experience of driving on bad roads !   For meals we eat at members homes every night and that's why I've gained weight because there are some awesome cooks here in Nevada and they make a lot of food and so I feel bad if we don't eat a lot.  But normally for lunch I eat some fruit and breakfast I'll make eggs, nothing to special. My comp doesn't know how to cook haha I show him how to ! We like to make these things called tostones which is like a french fry but way better my last companion taught me how.  Last night we went to a church sing along with a bunch of other churches and it was pretty fun.  We had a return missionary give his talk yesterday and it was good he talked a lot about family history.  Other than that that was my week ! Today we are headed to Fallon to see the zone and have a BBQ so that'll be fun.  I'm grateful for the challenges Heavenly Father gives me to help me grow in the Gospel.  I have learned so many things being here and I know Jesus Christ lives and that He loves us all ! I hope you have a good week ! love you mom ! 

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment